Algal nutrient solutions are made of a mixture of chemical salts and water. Nutritional solutions, along with carbon dioxide and light, provide the materials needed for growing to. Nutrient solutions, as opposed to fertilizers, are designed specifically for use in aquatic environments and their composition is much more accurate.
- List of algal culture collections
- Algal fuel
- Aquatic Species Program
- Seri microalgae culture collection
- Chu 13 , an algal growth medium
- University of Texas growth media recipes .
- University of Cologne growth media recipes
- Culture Media Recipes and Culture Medium Kits (CCMP, Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences)