The Biomass Thermal Energy Council (BTEC) is a nonprofit organization focused on the use of biomass for heat and other thermal energy applications.
BTEC is an association of biomass fuel producers, manufacturers and distributors, supply chain companies and non-profit organizations.
The organization promotes biomass thermal energy as a renewable, responsible, clean and energy-efficient pathway to meet America’s energy needs. BTEC engages in research, education, and public advocacy for the biomass thermal energy industry. 
BTEC was awarded two grants from the US Forest Service’s Wood Education and Outreach Center to educate the public and stakeholder on the opportunities for biomass thermal energy in 2010 and 2011.   Since 2011, BTEC has also been working to establish an efficiency standard for biomass thermal equipment, which has been identified as one of the major obstacles to the growth of the renewable energy market by architects and engineers. 
BTEC is involved in regional activities, such as the Northeast Biomass Thermal Working Group and the Midwest Heating. Since 2012, BTEC manages the Northeast Biomass Heating Expo, a conference for the Northeast renewable energy industry. 
- List of renewable energy organizations
- Jump up^ http://biomassmagazine.com/articles/2496/biomass-companies-form-thermal-energy-council
- Jump up^ http://www.biomassthermal.org/about/index.asp
- Jump up^ http://www.na.fs.fed.us/nanews/nastories/mfo-03-10-werc-grants-recipients.pdf
- Jump up^ http://www.forestbusinessnetwork.com/8487/btec-and-rpg-awarded-grant-by-us-forest-service/
- Jump up^ http://spfnic.fs.fed.us/werc/finalrpts/09-DG-077_2.pdf
- Jump up^ http://www.nebiomassheat.com/