Cogent Fiber is an American producer and exporter of pine wood chips. It Produces different kinds of wood chips by harvesting em from the natural thinning of trees and export em to Asian and European customers for the manufacture of fiberboard, particleboard, wood pellets, and pulp and paper products  The privately held company Maintains offices in Stamford, Connecticut and Toronto , Ontario in Canada.  In 2010, the organization ranked 402 out of 500 companies on the INC.’s annual 500/5000 listing of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States.  
The company was founded in 2005.  In 2011, Cogent provided 70 percent of all wood chips imported from Austria, China, and Italy.   RISI, a company that named Cogent Fiber the largest exporter of US wood chips to Europe.   In late 2010, the company was featured on the 21st Century Business Television series, a production of Multi-Media Productions.  
In 2011, Cogent Fiber reopened a wood chip facility at the Port of Morehead City in North Carolina. The company, along with Industrial Marine Services, invested $ 1.5 million to rehabilitate the facility.  
In 2008, Cogent Fiber earned its certificate of registration for the Sustainable Forestry Initiative, which is “responsible for maintaining, overseeing, and improving sustainable forestry certification that is internationally recognized.” 
- Jump up^ Cogent Fiber Selected Financial Data
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d “Cogent Fiber is the leading export of wood chips in the Eastern United States” . Cogentfibre.com . Retrieved 2012-08-22 .
- Jump up^ “Cogent Fiber – Stamford, CT – The Inc.5000” . Inc.com . Retrieved 2012-08-22 .
- Jump up^ “Cogent Fiber Inc .: CEO and Executives – Businessweek” . Investing.businessweek.com. 2012-06-30 . Retrieved 2012-08-22 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “RISI – Essential information for the forest products industry” . Risiinfo.com . Retrieved 2012-08-22 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Soule, Alexander (2010-09-02). “Three county companies growing fast” . Westfair Online. Archived from the original on 2012-07-07 . Retrieved 2012-08-25 . [ dead link ]
- Jump up^ “21st Century Business – Official Website – Business Programming – Business Television – Television Production – Media Production – Television Marketing” . 21cbtv.com. Archived from the original on 2012-06-22 . Retrieved 2012-08-22 .
- Jump up^ “Stem to Stern Newsletter” . North Carolina Ports . Retrieved September 16, 2012 .
- Jump up^ “State port in Morehead City welcomes new wood chip business” . Coastal News 14 . Retrieved September 16, 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Sustainable Forestry Initiative” . Sustainable Forestry Initiative . Retrieved September 26, 2012 .