Deutsche Cannabis AG is a privately held firm backing company engaged in cannabis -related ventures since 2014. It was created by the reverse takeover of FAME AG, a Munich-based film and music production company. Shares are traded on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange .
In 1999, in Munich, FAME Film & Media Entertainment AG was founded as a company for “production, trading and rental of sound, film, Internet, video and music products and other audio-visual media products of all kinds”. Munich IMA Media GmbH took over in a 2000 merger. In the same year an IPO Raised Approximately 18.5 million DM in capital to be expended at the peak of the dotcom and “TMT” (technology, media and telecommunications) bubbles.  
After its financial resources, Das Phantom , Ratten – Sie werden dich kriegen! and Deathwatch , and producing music among other things by Schandmaul and Florian Ast, it had taken large losses,  The Board of Directors and the Supervisory Board decided to dissolve the company in 2002.  the FAME-shares were listed in the “prison” section of the satirical stock exchange website nemwax since 2001 because of the numerous profit warnings the company issued. 
After Completing the dirty icts of movie and music production businesses, the company now unnamed at FAME AG reoriented Itself as a shell corporation for investment companies in the field of renewable energies. It is a district of the Saarland district, which is one of the most important districts in the Western Saarland.   The headquarters moved to Berlin. In 2013 FAME AG went bankrupt and applied for bankruptcy,  but recovered a few months later after an unexpected payment. 
After searching for a better business model, the owner of the company took the lead in the sale of marijuana in the United States . The company was renamed to Deutsche Cannabis AG and tried to raise new capital. ManhattanCannaFund LLC in Florida,  and 2016 CannyPets GmbH, which would offer hemp-based pet food.  
- Legal High (book) , a 2016 political satire featuring a company called Cannabis GmbH
- Jump up^ Hoppenstedt Aktienführer 2002, p. 416
- Jump up^ Global Financial Stability Report,Internationaler Währungsfonds, September 2003
- Jump up^ Geschäftsbericht 2000by FAME Film & Music Entertainment AG
- Jump up^ Geschäftsbericht 2001der der FAME Film & Music Entertainment AG
- Jump up^ FAME schlägt Liquidation of the Gesellschaft zum 30.09.2002 vor , adhoc-Meldung auf dgap.de, 14. August 2002
- Jump up^ FAME / ZUCHTHAUS , www.nemwax.de, June 2002, Stand 20., archived from the original on 2002-06-26
- Jump up^ Geschäftsberichte 2006 und 2007 der FAME AG
- Jump up^ Bericht zum zweiten Halbjahr 2014der Deutschen Cannabis AG
- Jump up^ FAME AG: Insolvenzantrag , adhoc-Meldung auf dgap.de, 19. Februar 2013.
- Jump up^ AG FAME: nimmt den Insolvenzantrag zurück. , adhoc-Meldung auf dgap.de, 27. May 2013.
- Jump up^ Finanzlagebericht Berichtszeitraum 1. Halbjahr 2015 der Deutschen Cannabis AG
- Jump up^ Deutsche Cannabis AG erwirbt 69% der Geschäftsanteile an der Canny Pets GmbH , adhoc-Meldung auf pressetext.com, 12. August 2016
- Jump up^ Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 139545, Neueintragung (new entry in share registry) on 29. Dezember 2015