The Hash, Marihuana & Hemp Museum is a museum located in De Wallen , Amsterdam , Netherlands . According to the museum, more than two million visitors have visited the exhibition since it opened in 1985.  Dedicated to cannabis and its many uses, the museum offers information about the historical and modern uses of cannabis for medicinal , spiritualand cultural practical purposes. The museum also focuses on how hempcan be used for agricultural and industrial purposes, and in the gift shop. In 2012 the museum opened in Barcelona , the Hash Marihuana Cáñamo & Hemp Museum .
The Hash, Marihuana & Hemp Museum is located at Oudezijds Achterburgwal 148, open daily, and costs € 9 ( $ 11.50) per adult (children under 13 are free when accompanied by an adult). 
The museum includes a live cannabis garden in various stages of growth,  pipe and roach clip collections, an 1836 Dutch Bible made of hemp, and many other accessories made from the industrial crop.  The museum also contains artwork, including David Teniers the Younger’s painting, Hemp-Smoking Peasants in a Smoke House (1660),  and one of the fake ID’s of the famous smuggler smuggler Howard Marks .
The Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum is often cited as a destination in Amsterdam due to the unique drug policy of cannabis in the Netherlands . Time Out Amsterdam asserted “cannabis connoisseurs will lose themselves in the Red Light District.” But this shrine to skunk is not only for smokers and tokers. be entertained by the long and illustrious history of the plant “.  Author Rick Steves wrote that the museum was informative, but “small and somewhat overpriced, educational and not very entertaining”. 
- List of museums in Amsterdam
- Jump up^ “History of the museum” . The Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum . Retrieved October 23, 2016 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Eckert, Amy; Reiber, Beth; McDonald, George; Mastrini, Hana; Edward, Olivia; Auerbach, Jocelyn; Kraus, Naomi P .; Kollias, Tania; James, Ryan; Porter, Darwin; Prince, Danforth. Frommer’s Europe by Rail (3 ed.). Frommer’s . pp. 622-623. ISBN 0-470-17498-6 . Retrieved August 13, 2009 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Steves, Rick (2006). Rick Steves’ Amsterdam, Bruges, and Brussels . Avalon Travel Publishing. pp. 93-94. ISBN 1-56691-805-7 . Retrieved August 13, 2009 .
- Jump up^ Lawson, Kristan; Rufus, Anneli (1999). Weird Europe: A Guide to Bizarre, Macabre, and Just Plain Weird Sights . Macmillan. p. 236. ISBN 0-312-19873-6 . Retrieved August 13,2009 .
- Jump up^ “Hash Marihuana Hemp Museum review” . Time Out Amsterdam . Time Out . Retrieved November 27, 2015 .