Hemp protein is the protein content of hemp seeds. The protein in hemp seeds is made up of two globulin types of proteins, edestin (60-80%) and albumin ,  with essential amino acids.   Hemp protein has a PDCAAS score of 0.61 (a limiting amino acid being lysine , with a digestibility of 94.9%)  and a biological value of 87. [ citation needed ] The total proportion of essential amino acidsin hemp protein isolate, is also significantly higher than that of soy protein isolate. 
Hemp protein has been shown to reduce oxidative stress in hypertensive rats. 
- Pea protein
- Edible protein per unit area of land
- Jump up^ Galasso, Incoronata (2016), “Variability in Seed Traits in a Collection of Cannabis sativa L. Genotypes”, Frontiers in Plant Science , doi : 10.3389 / fpls.2016.00688 , PMC 4873519
- Jump up^ Callaway, JC (2004). “Hempseed as a nutritional resource: An overview”(PDF) . Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Kuopio, Finland . 1 : 65-72.
- Jump up^ Docimo, Teresa (2014). “Molecular characterization of edestin gene family in Cannabis sativa L.” Plant Physiology and Biochemistry : 142-148. PMID 25280223 .
- Jump up^ House, J (2010). “Evaluating the quality of protein from hemp seed (Cannabis sativa L.) products through the use of the protein digestibility-corrected amino acid score method” (PDF) . J. Agric. Food Chem . 58 : 11801-7. doi : 10.1021 / jf102636b . PMID 20977230 .
- Jump up^ Wang, Xian-Sheng (2008). “Characterization, amino acid composition and in vitro digestibility of hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) proteins” . Food Chemistry . 107 : 11-18.
- Jump up^ Girgih, Abraham (December 14, 2008). “A Novel Hemp Seed Meal Protein Hydrolysate Reduces Oxidative Stress Factors in Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats” . Nutrients : 5652-5666. doi : 10.3390 / nu6125652. PMC 4276990 .