The International Hemp Building Association ( IHBA )  is the largest association in this sector. Members and partners of the association include architects , builders , consultants, designers , the European Industrial Hemp Association (EIHA), the Hemp Industries Association and manufacturers . A non-profit association founded in 2009 by director Steve Allin author and hemp building consultant,   the association globally promotes and supports the production of all hempand their by-products in a sustainable and bio-regional manner. 
In April 2011, they were interviewed for the documentary Bringing It Home  at the association’s 2nd International Hemp Building Symposium, in Granada, Spain. The IHBA cooperates with the technology department of engineering sciences of Uppsala University in Sweden in 2014 on the subject of research on the potential of hemp buildings in different climates. 
- Jump up^ Glenn, Willi (August 31, 2014)Hemp – The Super Weed – Part III. The New Era Times.
- Jump up^ Martell, Sherry (July 26, 2013)Atlantic Canada under construction in The Falls. Truro Daily News.
- Jump up^ Hilton, Lindsay (March 8, 2016)Bellingham hemp advocates hope to change the way we build. Bellingham Herald.
- Jump up^ Markgraaff, Dion (January 1, 2010)Hemp Houses. Nug Magazine.
- Jump up^ (August 27, 2014)Bringing it Home. NRV News.
- Jump up^ Ahlberg, Johan and Georges, Elza and Norlén, Mikael (2014)The potential of hemp buildings in different climates: A comparison between a common passive house and the hempcrete building system. Uppsala University, Department of Engineering Sciences.