Pellet Fuels Institute (PFI) is a North American trade organization which manufacturers, retailers and distributors of wood pellets fuel supplies and appliances . The PFI was formed in 1985 as the Fiber Fuels Institute. 
Headquartered in Arlington, Va. , PFI maintains National Residential Pellet Fuel Standards,  compiles and publishes data on sales and manufacturing related to the US pellet fuel industry,  hosts industry conferences,  and provides outreach to consumers on the use of pellet fuel as an alternative energy source. 
- Jump up^ “Who is PFI?” . PFI . Retrieved 26 October 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Wood and Pellet Heating,” US Department of Energy
- Jump up^ “Retailers say pellet stoves are hot item as the pricey oil heating customers,” The Business Review (Albany), August 29, 2008
- Jump up^ “Pellet Fuels Institute Holds Annual Conference In July,” Alternative Energy Retailer, April 25, 2007
- Jump up^ “Pellet Stoves: Economic, Friendly Alternative to Fossil Fuel,” Alaska Journal of Commerce, December 9, 2007